Tuesday, January 5, 2010

(Re) Cycler


Jill McTeague is not your average high school graduate. Not because she doesn't want to be, but because she is a scientific anomaly. Every month, for four days, she turns into Jack, a guy-complete with all the respective parts. Jill got through high school claiming she had blood transfusions every month, but now everyone in her home town knows that something very weird is up with her. So what's a girl ( and a guy) to do? Get the heck out of town, that's what.
With Ramie, her loyal and kooky best friend, Jill sets out to make it on her own in a place where no one knows her name or her secret: New York City. There both she and Jack will have to figure out everything, from the usual (relationships) to the not so usual(career options for a "cycler" anyone?"

I was so excited when the wonderful Staci, ( That can just be her name now. It fits her so well;), I was practically jumping up and down when I received it from the mail....Aright I was jumping up and down. Like none of you have ever done that? Any who, once again Lauren McLaughlin did an awesome job! There really wasn't any dry spots, boring, e.c.t at all, and that's what I really look for in a book. I picked it up and I didn't up it down until it was done. Lauren McLaughlin has a fabulous way of having it be a happy ending, while at the same time you want to scream for more! I find Jill's problems to, I'm sure, be very similar to those of older teens. How do you know if it's really love you feel, or just desire? This question haunts Jill through most of the book, where she mad wonderful, and not so wonderful choices, along with Jack too. Jack happens to be one of my favorite male characters ever! The way he thinks, you can actually understand why he ( and Jill) feel the way they feel! Sound interesting? Give it a try! Thank you everyone for all the wonderful comments! Happy reading!

5 comments:

  1. Of course I've jumped up and down when I've gotten a book in the mail! This one sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! this sounds really good! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my new name, "Wonderful Staci." I'm going to make everyone call me that for now on but at school it can be "Wonderful Mrs. T!!" I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed this book so much and I love that you jumped up and down when you got your Christmas package!!! Excellent review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Your horse is absolutely breathtaking!!!! I'm seriously jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good! I love those books that you just don't want to put down. I got involved in the Uglies series and that's exactly what's happening to me right now.

    Yes Staci is wonderful! And boy have I ever jumped up and down when certain books have come in the mail. lol.

    ReplyDelete