Tuesday, January 12, 2010

North of Beautiful, by Justina Chen Headley


As he continued to stare, I wanted to point to my check and remind him, But you were the one who wanted this, remember? You're the one who asked- and I repeat- Why not fix your face?
It's hard not to notice Terra Cooper.
She's tall, blond, and has an enviable body. But with one turn of her cheek, all people notice is her unmistakably "flawed" face. Terra secretly plans to leave her small , stifling town in the Northwest and escape to an East Coast college, but gets pushed off course by her controlling father. When an unexpected collision puts Terra directly in Jacob's path, the handsome but quirky goth boy immediately challenges her assumptions about herself and her life, and she is forced in yet another direction. With her carefully laid plans disturbed, will Terra be able to find her true path?
All I have to say is, wow. This was the first book I've ever read, that had almost no dialog (in my oppinion) and yet I was still able to piture everything in my head. I've always read others people's reviews were they said how a book has changed their life, and I always wondered how it did, but this book truely did change they way I looked at things. It's hard to explain the lesson in this book without giving away the ending, so you'll have to read it yourself to find out! This is the first book that's ever made me cry tears of joy.

3 comments:

  1. this sounds amazing! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you loved this. I bought it a long time ago after reading a great review of it, but haven't had a chance to read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this one amazing Lily???? I would love to read a follow up book wouldn't you?? I'm so glad that you cried tears of joy!!

    ReplyDelete