Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ice Land

Warned by the fates of an impending disaster, Freya embarks on a dangerous journey deep into the mountains to find a magnificent gold necklace said to have the power to alter the course of history. Meanwhile, the country is on the brink of war as the new world order of Christianity threatens the old ways of IceLand's people, and tangled amid it all are two star-crossed lovers whose destiny draws them together-even as their families are determined to rip them apart. I
IceLand had to be one of my all time favorite books! It rocked! In the beginning I got a little lost when it changed points of view, for one chapter it would be Fulla and before you knew it it was now Freya. Yet, I loved the characters! It may have just been me and my obsession with mythology, but I found the characters really easy to relate with, so when the author wrote what they were feeling like, I could really understand what she meant, and that made only want to read it faster! The only bad thing that happens when you read IceLand is how it make you sad when you've finished it! I never wanted it to end!

2 comments:

  1. This one has mythology in it??? Not sure if I will totally embrace that but I'm glad to know it struck a chord with you!

    ReplyDelete