Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cycler


Jill McTeague s your average smart senior trying to get her dream date to ask her to the prom. Of, course those monthly blood transfusions aren't exactly average-but it's not like she's got anything fatal. What no one knows, except for Jill's parents-who live in constant feat of the secret getting out-is that for the four days Jill is out of school each month, she's not having blood transfusions. In fact, she's not even Jill those days. For four days of every monthly cycle, Jill becomes Jack, a boy-complete with all the parts-and Jack has to live out his four days as a prisoner in Jill's bedroom. But Jack's personality has been gaining strength over the years sense the cycle began. He is growing more rebellious and less content with his confinement, while at the same time his cycles are becoming more frequent. Now Jill's question about the prom isn't simply who she will go with, but who will she be when the night arrives?
This has to be my favorite book I've read all year!(I can't remember past then!) my all time favorite thing about Cycler was how easy it was for me to connect to the characters, or to dislike them! I felt like I knew the characters, without the author having to get over-descriptive in the process. I didn't pass a single dry spot in Cycler, and I also found it surprising that the author truly did know what a high school girl and boy would normally be thinking. A lot of authors kind of like to pretend they know what's going on in a teenager's head,but let's face it. They almost never do.
The only thing I didn't like about Cycler was just how it ended. The author could have totally kept on going, and frankly, I didn't want it to end!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed this book!! Your excitement has made me want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book. I loved your review!

    ReplyDelete