Friday, February 5, 2010

The Silver Phinox

on the day of her first betrothal meeting–and rejection–ai ling discovers a power welling deep within her. she can reach into other people’s spirits, hear their thoughts, see their dreams…and that’s just the beginning.
ai ling has been marked by the immortals; her destiny lies in the emperor’s palace, where a terrible evil has lived, stealing souls, for centuries. she must conquer this enemy and rescue her captive father, while mythical demons track her every step. and then she meets chen yong, a young man with a quest of his own, whose fate is intertwined with hers. here is a heart-stopping, breathtaking tale for fans of action, fantasy, and romance–of anything with the making of legend.
This book totally blew me away! I absolutely loooove reading about mythical Gods and legends and everything and everything that has to do with other cultures. One of my favorite things about this book, was that I could see it so vividly in my mind, that I remember just about everything that happened! And trust me, that's a stretch for me! The ending wasn't truly like anything I've ever read before. The author managed to keep it happy, yet, almost disappointing at the same time. More like a little bittersweet. But, it was more sweet than bitter so it was a great book for me!

4 comments:

  1. That book sounds good to me too and I think the cover is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been keeping an eye on this one. The cover is stunning. I'm glad you liked it. I'll definitely be adding it to my TBR now. Thanks for the review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for such a thoughtful review!
    i'm so happy you enjoyed Silver Phoenix!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to read this one so I'm glad it was quite good. Again something different with the mystical gods and things. Plus that cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete